Tuesday, June 10, 2014

ICAD 2014: Recycle Bin Challenge

I wasn't going to participate in Tammy's Index Card a Day Challenge this year, simply because I missed the kick-off, and figured I would never be able to catch up. 

The stars of inspiration aligned to draw me in, however, and yesterday was my own personal kick-off day.  I read Karen's post about using bits from her desk and recycling bin to make one of her cards, and in a flash of insight, I realized it would be a fun challenge to use ONLY items from the recycling bin for the ENTIRE project. 

And then as I sat down at the table with my recycle bin next to me, I saw a clothing catalog and an article about dogs in quick succession, and I remembered my friend Becky's latest interest--pairing animals' heads with models' bodies.  How could I resist?

With no further ado, I share with you my first index cards of 2014:
ICAD 2014 #1:  No Room for Boring

ICAD 2014 #2:  Poised to Become Responsible

ICAD 2014 #3:  Grand Illusions in the Air

ICAD 2014 #4:  Technological Advancements
And my final card in this first set went in a new direction, though still relying on all recycling bin materials:
ICAD 2014 #5:  Assignment:  Care About the Planet Today
Stay tuned for more recycling bin finds for the Index Card a Day Challenge! 

To see how other artists jump-started the challenge, visit Tammy's first Link Love here.

7 comments:

Cappuccinoandartjournal.blogspot.com said...

How fun! Love them. I wish i signed up....

Beverley Baird said...

Love these! I did this with my students and they loved the freedom and the fun! I am just using up gelli paper scraps.

Linda Gibbons said...

Ha--went in a new direction--I get it!
Andria, these are so terrific, creative and witty and cute. I love the one with the security envelope window.

Karen Isaacson said...

fantastic! and doesn't it feel good to use up all those little bits and pieces?

TheSnailMailer said...

A lot of fun! I have been saving and sorting animal images and hope to share more with you soon.

Maria Ontiveros said...

These iCads are fantastic!
Rinda

VivJM said...

Ha ha - brilliant! Love the animal heads. What a great idea, might have to give it a go.